The 5 Reasons You Want a Sunday Wedding
- It’s cheaper. Lots cheaper. From the venue to every other vendor, you can usually get Sunday discounts. (And every dollar you save goes directly to your honeymoon fund!)
- Speaking of vendors, you can have your pick on Sundays. All the best caterers, florist, photographers, DJs, etc book waaaay in advance. Unless you’re working at least a year out, you probably won’t get your “A” team on a summer Saturday. But ask for a Sunday and you’ll get smiles, discounts, and open calendars. No stress is a good thing in wedding planning.
- It’s more romantic. Let the main event be what it has been for thousands of years, truly a spiritual ritual, not a frat party. Think of the centuries of tradition behind the ceremony you are about to experience. Do you really want your guests staying up until 2:00 getting hammered?
- You get to have your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner party on a Saturday. This is your “in crowd”, the people you really wanted to hang with, and now you have more quality time with them. If you want to do a group event prior to the rehearsal dinner (float the river? pick/arrange flowers? hike/picnic?) you have a relaxed Saturday to make that happen.
- Having a Sunday wedding does not mean it’s a small one afternoon/evening event (unless you want it to be, of course.) Ask us about our sample Sunday Wedding Timelines!